Firefighter for Iraq
Firefighter for Balad, Iraq
Safely respond to emergencies as a member of a team protecting all Balad Air Base, helping to minimize loss of life, property, and environmental damage. Actively support and uphold the Company’s stated vision, mission, and values.
Please apply online
- Perform Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting in support of the IQAF and USG assigned aircraft, and all other aircraft transiting Balad Air Base. Follow the established pre-fire plans.
- When assigned, drive and operate all fire department assigned apparatus. Perform daily, weekly, and after use apparatus inspection. Operate fire pumps and determine pump pressure for hose lines and sprinkler/standpipe systems.
- Respond to Hazardous Materials Incidents using a variety of special protective gear and equipment in situations where poisonous gases, radioactive materials, and hazardous biological products may be involved.
- When tasked, perform as Dispatcher in the Emergency Communication Center. Answer emergent and non-emergent calls for assistance and information. Dispatch and coordinate the responses of required agencies.
- Complete all assigned annual training while on site and make-up training missed while off site
- Adapt to change and remain open to different and new ways of doing business. Exhibit flexibility and open mindedness
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and camaraderie while maintaining a professional working relationship with subordinates.
- Participate in the department physical fitness program.
- Perform additional duties to maintain NFPA 1500 compliance.
- Other taskings as assigned by management.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Assistant Fire Chief in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be DOD/IFSAC/Proboard certified Firefighter I/II, Airport Fire fighter, Hazmat Operations, Telecommunicator I/II. Additionally, applicant must possess Driver/Operator Pumper, Driver/Operator ARFF, & Driver/Operator Mobile Water Supply
- Five years of relevant experience
- Valid passport
- DOD/IFSAC/Proboard certified Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I, Fire instructor I
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines