Senior Project Scheduling Specialist
Senior Project Scheduling Specialist
Sr. Project Scheduling Specialist (Primavera Planner)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Planned Systems International, a Government Contractor, has an immediate opportunity available for an experienced information technology Project Scheduler/Primavera Planner Specialist with significant Primavera P6 Release 7.0 experience and excellent communication and customer service skills.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities for Senior Project Scheduling Specialist:
The Senior Project Scheduling Specialist will report to the Senior Project Manager of the Testing Logistics Support (TLS) group, and will be responsible for supporting scheduling of individual projects and incorporating them into the overall Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for independent testing and evaluation projects in support of our Veterans Affairs (VA) Enterprise Testing Service customer, including both internal VA development projects and joint VA-DoD testing initiatives. The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service involving attention to detail, and prompt communication with all contract resources, including project resources, Primavera team members, direct supervisor, and the VA client.
- Providing Primavera project planning, scheduling, and oversight support for a variety of testing projects and activities for the VA Enterprise Testing Service Support Services contract.
- Providing support to the overall program by monitoring and creating quarterly activities to capture the work against the ongoing operation.
- Baselining initial schedules in Primavera, then maintaining schedules by monitoring and updating progress and approved schedule changes throughout the lifecycle of the projects.
- Soliciting input from stakeholders (internal and VA) to identify tasks, durations, and resources to be included and updated in the schedule/IMS.
- Providing scheduling support to technical subject matter experts in testing efforts; ensuring schedules, and quality requirements are met; and assisting with resource management, task management, etc.
- Designing and executing Primavera reports to stakeholders, as requested.
- Contributing to the Primavera Planning and scheduling team by constantly creating, improving and documenting processes that can streamline the Primavera scheduling operation while improving the stakeholders’ access to critical information in the scheduling system.
- Leading in planning the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks for the Primavera Planning team.
- Mentoring, and training junior team members in the Primavera platform, and the work required to support the scheduling lifecycle and maintain its operation.
Minimum Requirements for Senior Project Scheduling Specialist:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years’ experience in a project scheduling/planning role or experience in a variety of project scheduling roles (e.g., scheduler, analyst, lead, planner, etc.). An equivalent combination of education, certifications, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Must have significant experience using Primavera P6 Release 7.0 at a federal agency, such as the VA or DoD, and significant knowledge of its lifecycle management (project creation, planning, scheduling, resource assignments, resource leveling, baselines, reports, timesheets)
- Must have experience in resource and task management, and successful in managing schedules in Primavera P6.
- Must have experience and a full understanding of task relationships, and identification of the critical path. In addition, must know how to conduct what/if scenarios to analyze how changes could potentially impact the project schedule.
- Knowledge and experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and MS Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Selected candidate must be able to successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting.
Additional Desired Qualifications for Senior Project Scheduling Specialist:
- Knowledge and experience with VA processes, such as ProPath, PMAS, and/or the Veteran Focused Integration Process (VIP).
- Knowledge and experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Local candidates in the Tampa Bay Area (Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater) preferred.
Please send resume [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
or apply online - [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Please use the Quick Shares to send these career opportunities out to your social media sites to help others such as Facebook, Twitter>>>>>>>>>>>>.
When you get employed, reach back and help fellow Service men and women over the wall.
What goes around, comes around. Help when and where you can.
You, a family member or friend could be next to need a job
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.
Locations: Florida (FL)