USfalcon, Inc., recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States, is seeking an Aerospace Engineer to work at Fort Eustis, VA.
Please apply at: [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
The Aerospace Engineer will provide specialized engineering support services to assist the Aviation Integration Directorate (AID) in the execution of specific technical mission areas.
- Calculate helicopter performance based on test, published, extrapolated or estimated data. Evaluate data for inclusion in helicopter user manuals.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager, Government Crewmembers, TAPO, SOMPE, and affiliated contractors to integrate the performance data into Mission Planning software and the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS).
- Serve as the PM SP2100 liaison to the Safety of Flight Review Board (SOFRB).
- Prepare and present technical and historical documents for the SOFRB.
- Recommend, justify, track, and distribute airworthiness release documents, including but not limited to Airworthiness Releases, Army Change Notices, and Army Repair/Replace reports.
- Perform technical writing.
- Occasional travel within the continental US.
- Additional duties as assigned
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the following:
- helicopter performance theory, performance models and performance flight test data
- helicopter mission planning tools for calculating performance and mission planning parameters
- helicopter mechanical operation and flight critical subsystems
- helicopter operations and use of operator manuals, weight and balance calculations
- documentation of helicopter airworthiness
- preparing technical reports, flight test plans, technical findings, and airworthiness substantiation documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in aeronautics, mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited engineering college.
Clearance: Active Secret clearance and must be able to obtain Top Secret.
Locations: Virginia (VA)