Weights & Research Coordinator (Full-Time) - Portland, OR
Primary Location: US-OR-Portland
SHIFT: 2:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Monday - Friday)
Reddaway, founded in Oregon City, OR, has served the Pacific Northwest since 1919.
Through our comprehensive western local service center network, we have built a long-standing tradition of next- and two-day delivery services. With high on-time reliability and one of the lowest claim ratios in its region, Reddaway is among the most-efficient providers in the industry. Its 3,200 loyal employees have earned the prestigious Quest for Quality award from Logistics Management magazine for 20 years.
Establish and coordinate the Revenue Research program for the assigned area and/or terminal. Develop positive relations with operating personnel within their assigned area and/or terminal. Promote the Revenue Research Program and establish end-of-line participation. Manage resources to enable verification of the accuracy of information supplied by shippers on their bills of lading and correct any errors discovered. Assist company sales staff with classification and questions. Conduct density surveys for management, sales, and pricing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and promote an awareness and positive attitude toward the Revenue Research program.
- Assist branch managers within the assigned area or terminal in establishing or improving individual terminal Revenue Research programs.
- Inspect suspicious shipments for erroneous commodity descriptions and record by report sufficient evidence to prove what was actually shipped.
- Communicate with and educate terminal management on the benefits derived from the Revenue Research program. Encourage supervisors and workers to help identify suspect shipments.
- Make joint customer calls with company sales staff to determine proper classification of the customers products.
- Conduct density studies for management, sales and pricing.
- Work with account managers to encourage shippers to provide correct information on all of their bills of lading.
- Experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the motor freight industry.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle customer relations professionally.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to utilize PC and mainframe computer applications including spreadsheet, database and word-processing software.
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Bachelors' degree in Transportation or related area, or equivalent education and work experience.
- 2 - 3 years experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales.
- 1 - 2 years supervisory experience.
APPLY online at: [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Reddaway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Locations: Oregon (OR)