Dock Worker (Part-time) - Bakersfield, CA
Primary Location: US-CA-Bakersfield
The primary function of a Dockworker is to efficiently sort, handle, load and unload freight into over-the-road equipment, in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload cargo, with or without supplemental aids.
- The work may include tasks such as rolling 600 pound drums into place and overhead loading of freight weighing as much as 80 pounds.
- Uses good judgment to load and secure freight in such a way that the trailer can be operated safely and efficiently over the road to prevent damages.
- Properly and efficiently completes all necessary paperwork required by law, regulation or Company policy.
- Verifies the load against the shipping papers, noting in writing any overages, shortages or damages.
- Comprehends and complies with hazardous materials regulations and emergency responses.
- Communicates with supervision regularly to report conditions.
- Sweeps or cleans up dock and equipment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
- Has a satisfactory past work and history record that shows no indication that applicant cannot reasonable fulfill duties of the job.
- Is able to understand and implement safe, efficient freight handling and lifting procedures.
- Is able to work on non-forgiving surfaces and/or in adverse weather conditions at times.
- Is able to operate a fork lift and other freight handling equipment when required.
- Can perform the work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules.
- Passes a Company-administered physical performance test
Please apply online at: [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Reddaway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Locations: California (CA)