Local City Driver (Full-Time) - Anderson, CA
Primary Location: US-CA-Anderson
Reddaway, one of the fastest growing regional LTL transportation providers, is a team-oriented company looking for a Pick-up and Delivery Driver to safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles. Drivers will load and/or unload freight at various locations and under varied conditions; therefore excellent customer service must be maintained while representing Reddaway. To those who accept our challenge, we offer:
- Home Every Night
- Overtime After 8 Hours
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefits Program with no benefit premium cost for the employee
- 401k Plan*
- Respected Company with Longevity
- Team Oriented Work Environment
- Great Training
- Performance Incentive Pay
*Must meet specific eligibility requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
- Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
- Complete daily log and all other necessary paperwork.
- Drop and hook trailers and change the configuration of equipment as necessary.
- Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install tire chains, manually crank dolly wheels, and fuel equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
- When hauling hazardous material determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
- Maintain and update driving and safety skills; keep CDL current with endorsements.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within Reddaway and the industry.
- Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Drive trucks with a swept trailer, and clean windows and mirrors.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL as well as the willingness and capacity to obtain Doubles/Triples, Tankers, and Haz Mat endorsements with TSA clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
- Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, physical performance test, driving test on company equipment, and a TSA Security Threat assessment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
- Must meet all requirements of Sections 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Please apply online at: [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Locations: California (CA)