ETL Developer - Work from Home
Full Time Work From Home
The ETL Developer is responsible for analyzing data from legacy vendor applications and converting it to the corresponding OP database tables with as high fidelity as possible. The ETL Developer will have a strong command of relational database concepts, extensive data analysis skills, and basic familiarity with EHR usage and concepts. Close collaboration with the assigned Implementation Project Manager (IPM) is required. Due to the nature of most conversion projects, availability during evening and weekend hours is required. This is a client-facing role therefore, strong communication skills are imperative.
Please send resume via the form below
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
● Analyze flat files and databases from other products to import existing patient demographics and medical records into Office Practicum.
● Review patient data specs to convert data into a readable format for Office Practicum.
● Work with clients and vendors using ETL tools (Pentaho Kettle) to extract, analyze and import data into Office Practicum prior to go-live date.
● Work with business stakeholders to assist with data modeling, or outlining the data requirements to support business processes.
● Develop source-to-target mapping, or data transformation instructions that outline how to convert data in the source system to the target system as well as map the data values.
● Complete test runs on data conversions for import accuracy.
● Work with Implementation leadership to recommend and implement improvements to the data conversion process.
● Document and update work performed in Salesforce to keep OP staff apprised of conversion progress.
● Independently manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion.
● Work according to the timeline and expectation designated by the client and effectively address delays or complications.
● Perform all other duties as assigned by Data Conversion Supervisor and/or Implementation Technical Manager.
● Technology proficiency, including:
Working knowledge of SQL and Pentaho Kettle ETL
Web-based and server-based applications
XML and xpath knowledge
Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
Basic connectivity standards
MySQL experience a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communications
Must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external project stakeholders with varied levels of exposure to technical software implementation.
● Customer engagement and service.
● Must be able to resolve data discrepancies with clients and answer follow-up questions, while maintaining a high-level of service and customer friendly manner.
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
● Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
● Adaptability and flexibility.
● Ability to successfully balance multiple priorities and projects in a deadline driven environment.
● Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility completing various assigned project tasks.
● Results focused.
● Active listening.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science or a related technical domain.
● 2 years prior ETL experience, preferably in healthcare IT administration or related discipline.
● Experience using ETL tools, including Pentaho Kettle, required
Medical terminology knowledge
EHR or other healthcare application experience
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
• Computer and telephone required to perform duties.
• Lifting requirements of no more than five pounds.
• Presence at the corporate office is preferred for optimal service results.
• Evening and weekend hours will be required periodically.
Please send your resume via the form below
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, or the use of a guide or support animal, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age [18 and over] - [40 or over], physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, marital status, protected action, concerted activity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement:
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities, which may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. In general, it is your responsibility to notify your supervisor of the need for accommodation. Upon doing so, your supervisor may ask you for your input or the type of accommodation you believe may be necessary or the functional limitations caused by your disability. Also, when appropriate, we may need your permission to obtain additional information from your physician or other medical or rehabilitation professionals.
Locations: Alabama (AL), Alaska (AK), Arizona (AZ), Arkansas (AR), California (CA), Colorado (CO), Connecticut (CT), Delaware (DE), District of Columbia (DC), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hungary, Idaho (ID), Illinois (IL), Iowa (IA), Italy, Kansas (KS), Kentucky (KY), Louisiana (LA), Maine (ME), Maryland (MD), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), Montana (MT), Nationwide (USA), Nebraska (NE), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), New Mexico (NM), New York (NY), North Carolina (NC), North Dakota (ND), Ohio (OH), Oklahoma (OK), Oregon (OR), Pennsylvania (PA), Rhode Island (RI), South Carolina (SC), South Dakota (SD), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Vermont (VT), Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wisconsin (WI), Wyoming (WY)