Job Location Vandenberg AFB, California 93437
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
• Responsible for the identification of requirements consistent with the range architecture, coordinates hardware, software and specialty engineering in order to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Works with project management and the project Lead Engineer to prioritize project tasks and milestones.
• Participates in the design and development of integrated solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Responsible for the preparation of contractual, programmatic, and required technical documentation to support engineering activities.
• Integrates network communications functions between range assets and coordinates across other Launch and Test Range Systems (LTRS) assets impacted by the relocation.
• Analyzes systems and prepares supporting documentation for performance, stability, interoperability and systems management/life cycle issues.
• Analyzes, decomposes and allocates communications requirements from the subsystem level down through the Configuration Item (CI) level to the project.
• Applies methods and techniques to assist in the development, implementation and documentation of impact assessments, architecture change recommendations and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) change recommendations.
• Designs, implements, and documents Range Hardware System modifications
• Collect communication requirements, perform project planning and include schedules and budgets
• Provides technical consultation on communications systems modeling and simulation. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
• Ability to grasp, understand, utilize, and persevere the government processes
• Solid conflict management skills
• Ability to exercise diplomacy within a team environment
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Solid organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail Required Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
• (0) Zero or more years of experience in Communication Systems engineering or related engineering field
• Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in communications instrumentation
• Possess Comptia Security+ certification or be able to obtain within (6) six months of employment
• Experience with Digital Voice, Video, VOIP, Microwave, fiber and copper data transmission preferred
• Experience working with design principles and applications preferred
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Interested candidates please send resume via the form below.
Please use the Quick Shares to send these career opportunities out to your social media sites to help others such as Face Book, Twitter >>>>>>>>>>>>. to help others find employment.
When you get employed, reach back and help a fellow Service men and women over the wall.
What goes around, comes around. Help when and where you can.
You, a family member or friend could be next to need a job.
VETS is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
VETS is a Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, VETS has a Southwest operations office in Tucson, Arizona and contract management sites throughout the United States.
VETS supports a growing number of U.S. Government defense and civilian agencies with technology, systems engineering, as well as construction and program management support services.
Locations: California (CA)