Systems Engineer – Vandenberg AFB
Full Time Some CONUS travel may be required
Systems Engineer – Vandenberg AFB, California 93437
Full-Time Essential Functions:
• A focus on one or more of the following Systems Engineering Functional Areas (Testing, Requirements Analysis, Specialty Engineering, Systems Architecture) is expected
• Assist team on moderately complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinate the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
*Assist in writing proposals to recommend process/programs and follows through on implementation.
*Perform and evaluate cost analyses and vendor comparisons of software/hardware systems to ensure cost- effective and efficient operations and measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
*Analyze potential systems investments and prepares supporting documentation for recommendation(s) to staff based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, interoperability and systems management/life cycle issues.
*Prepare reports and presentations to communicate to internal team and customer o Analyze and resolve program support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance
• Assist moderate to complex testing, troubleshooting and analysis on new and installed systems.
*Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining test plans, procedures and reports to ensure requirements verification and compliance.
*Assist testing, troubleshooting and analysis tasks on various systems including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans.
* Assists in the design and requirements development/verification process
• Identify system architecture needs and assists development of enterprise architecture items to be produced in support of assigned projects such as DODAF drawing generation
• Assist in the analysis, decomposition and requirements allocation from the subsystem level down through the Configuration Item level to specific projects using DOORS including the development of requirement specifications
• Ensure the as-designed system requirements allocated to the project meet Human Factors and Safety Hazard requirements and develop associated analyses, as required
• Assist in developing and implementing training tools and documentation
• Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design and testing of systems
• Good communication skills to communicate to management and customers
• Good time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
• Ability to integrate moderately complex hardware and software systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Dedication to achieving outstanding customer results
• Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly; ability to present to all stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related STEM field
• 0 - 4 years’ experience in systems engineering (Requirements, Test, specialty engineering, or Systems Architecture) or related engineering field
• Experience working with Windows based computer systems, components, and Office tool suite
• Highly technical, hands-on engineering experience preferred
• Experience working with design principles and applications
• Experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) is a plus
• Experience with architecture documentation processes and tools such as DoDAF version 1.5 or 2.0 and System Architect (or equivalent tool) are a plus
• Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems engineering processes
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
• Willingness to travel, if required
Interested candidates please send resume via the form below.
Please use the Quick Shares to send these career opportunities out to your social media sites to help others such as Face Book, Twitter >>>>>>>>>>>>. to help others find employment.
When you get employed, reach back and help a fellow Service men and women over the wall.
What goes around, comes around. Help when and where you can.
You, a family member or friend could be next to need a job.
VETS is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
VETS is a Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, VETS has a Southwest operations office in Tucson, Arizona and contract management sites throughout the United States.
VETS supports a growing number of U.S. Government defense and civilian agencies with technology, systems engineering, as well as construction and program management support services.
Locations: California (CA)