Senior Manager Revenue Recovery & Shipment Classification
Full Time Travel
Senior Manager Revenue Recovery & Shipment Classification (Full-Time) - Tualatin, OR
Primary Location: Tualatin, OR 97062
Reddaway, founded in Oregon City, OR, has served the Pacific Northwest since 1919.
Through our comprehensive western local service center network, we have built a long-standing tradition of next- and two-day delivery services. With high on-time reliability and one of the lowest claim ratios in its region, Reddaway is among the most-efficient providers in the industry. Its 3,200 loyal employees have earned the prestigious Quest for Quality award from Logistics Management magazine for 20 years.
Accountable for directing Accessorial Revenue Recovery and Shipment Classification (W&I) activities to achieve revenue goals and ensure shipment classification accuracy. Travel required as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Direct Reddaway Employees to ensure the company is properly compensated for shipments moving through their system in accordance with USF 100 Rules Tariff, contractual terms and provisions of pricing agreements.
2. Utilize data and observations to incept accessorial recovery programs and initiatives for Executive review and sponsorship
3. Oversee and maximize accessorial recovery programs already in place
4. Direct the W & I Manager to ensure the company is properly compensated for shipments moving through their system in accordance with contractual terms and provisions of the National Motor Freight Classification or other density-based pricing method.
5. Ensure W & I employees and all Reddaway Operations employees are properly trained in order to achieve company revenue goals and shipment classification accuracy.
6. Direct freight type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
7. Oversee that managers interact with sales, operations and external customers to ensure customer is invoice based on accurate weight and description of freight.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in transportation or related field.
2. Ten (10) years’ experience in transportation systems.
3. In depth knowledge of National Motor Freight Classification and various carriers Rules Tariffs.
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Environmental working conditions vary, and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time. Occasionally sit. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Continually speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs. of supplies and materials is required.
Please send resume via the form below
Reddaway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Please use the Quick Shares to send these career opportunities out to your social media sites to help others such as Face Book, Twitter >>>>>>>>>>>>. to help others find employment.
When you get employed, reach back and help a fellow Service men and women over the wall.
What goes around, comes around. Help when and where you can.
You, a family member or friend could be next to need a job.
Locations: Oregon (OR)