About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The company’s website is www.caliburnintl.com.
About Comprehensive Health Services, LLC (CHS): CHS, a Caliburn Company, supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about CHS and our career opportunities, visit us at [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Homestead, FL 33039 US (Primary)
4 Year Degree
The Lead Teacher is responsible to oversee the Educational Instructors in the Education and Residential Life Departments of a children’s residential facility. Responsible for the assessment and progress of children’s educational levels and extra-curricular activities during their stay at the facility. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility. Reports to the Site Lead-Education.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the Educational Instructors and ensures educational services are aligned with UAC needs.
- Develops, coordinates and coach all staff and personnel involved as needed, related to Education or Residential Life. Responsible for the overall safety and security of a UAC during the Residential Life Program and school hours.
- Assists the Site Lead-Education with any administrative duties required to maintain efficient operation.
- Responsible for the Residential Life Program and oversight of dorm activities.
- Conducts an educational assessment of each UAC in order to determine the academic level of the child and any particular needs he or she may have.
- Adapts or modifies local educational standards to develop curricula and assessments, in basic academic areas (Science, Social Studies, Math, Reading, Writing, Physical Education, and English as a Second Language (ESL), if applicable) and based on a 30 days average length of stay of a UAC at the temporary shelter.
- Provides educational services based on the individual academic development, literacy level, and linguistic ability of each unaccompanied child.
- Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games during a recreational time and Residential Life activity.
- Provides remedial education and after-school tutoring as needed.
- Provides supervision to the administrative staff assigned to Education and Residential Life.
- Maintains the UAC educational case file and contract Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Spanish or English, social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- 2 years teaching experience with children.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Read, Write, Speak).
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Knowledge of lesson plan development and implementation.
- Have classroom management skills.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- 1 year of leadership experience
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures the safety and security of all UAC and the safe operating conditions within
- area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with
- OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork, computer work and direct line of sight
- supervision of staff
- Able to communicate verbally and listen to constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning,
- and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
Apply on line: [LOGIN BELOW TO APPLY]
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Locations: Florida (FL)